This is a just brief post to let you know that I have teamed up with MBL Seminars and will be doing 3 mediation seminars in September in Leeds, Birmingham & London.
The last Budget was the catalyst for the publication of the Gibbons review on Employment Tribunals which concluded that workplace dispute resolution procedures are not working.
The Gibbons review has called for an end to the 2004 Dispute Resolution Regulations and has recommended that a free system of resolution and mediation be made available in cases where early resolution may be possible. Courts are likely to reduce awards in cases where mediation is not considered.
This is the rationale for doing these seminars.
Main points covered:
- The different forms of ADR - Conciliation, Arbitration, Mediation
- How mediation fits into the ADR arena and why it’s different from conciliation and arbitration
- What are the trends underpinning the growth of mediation
- What happens at a mediation? - case study & role play
- The Gibbons Report on Employment Dispute Resolution Practice
- How to prepare for an employment law mediation
- Tactics - How to conduct a mediation as a solicitor
- Dos and don'ts of the employment mediation
- Techniques of the mediator and how to deal with them
Dates are 12th, 18th & 26th of September.
For more details click here.